Terms & Conditions and Guidelines for submitting blog posts and articles to Buddy State
Individuals may submit Blog Posts (i.e. short texts of a few paragraphs concerning a specific topic) for publication on the Buddy State Blog. Any submission is subject to the following Terms and Conditions for Submission, and must comply with the applicable Guidelines for Submission below.
Definitions and Interpretations:
In these Terms the words starting with capital letters shall have the following meanings:
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
- “User”/“Users” means the third party(ies) that access this Web Site and are not employed by us acting in the course of their employment, and includes you; and
- “Web Site” means the website that you are currently using (https://www.buddystate.com) and any sub-domains of the website unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- Terms and conditions for Submission of texts for publication on the Buddy State Blog may submit material under the following conditions:
- Disclaimer – Under no circumstances or in any way can Buddy State or Anella Brands Limited or persons otherwise affiliated with the aforementioned be held liable in respect of any material submitted via the Buddy State Blog Portal or published on the Buddy State Blog page cannot be held responsible for its content and accuracy by a User. Nonetheless, we will, if notified and having satisfied ourselves of the bona fides of the notification, remove any content that might constitute a legal violation, such as material submitted in potential breach of copyright.
- Copyright – By submitting material for publication, you guarantee that you are the original copyright holder of the work in question, and you own the legal rights to use the information. As such, we have no legal liability regarding any copyright claims, but will simply remove offending articles as/when we are advised of any breaches.
- Review – Any material submitted will be reviewed by the Buddy State Blog Committee, which decides on its publication. The publication of any material submitted will be at the sole discretion of Buddy State.
- Reservation of Rights – We reserve the right to accept, reject or remove any material submitted for publication with no explanation.
- Offensive content – Any material deemed defamatory, racist, or otherwise illegal or offending will in any case not be approved for publication.
- Photography - Buddy State reserves the right to assign specific non-copyright photographic material for each accepted Blog Post when uploading it to the Buddy State website.
- Exclusive license for publication – By submitting materials, you grant us a exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format. In particular, you agree that we can make it available in this Blog as well as in any other Buddy State and/or media or social media, provided that due credit is given to the author.
- Emails – It is a requirement of our submission process that you agree to receive occasional emails from us. If any of these notification emails are returned, we may refuse or withdraw publication.
- Acknowledgment – You acknowledge that any breach of the abovementioned warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
- Guidelines for the submission of Blog Posts
- What are Blog Posts – Blog Posts are short contributions concerning a current or Buddy State related topic which fits into our four Buddy State blog categories: Buddy Health, Buddy Lifestyle, Buddy Travel and Buddy Food. Their objective is to inform and start a discussion, rather than to provide an in-depth analysis.
- Subject matter – Posts should aim at discussing recent trends and developments relating to Buddy State content and values, which may be of interest for an international audience. Interested writers wishing to ensure beforehand whether their preferred topic would be of interest may contact email@example.com.
- Word count – A Blog Post can be up to 2,500 words.
- References – Should be included in text where necessary, but given the nature of a Blog Post generally be kept to a minimum. Any citations should be made as follows:
- Book citations: must have author’s initial of first name and last name capitalized and in full; the title of the book in italics, edition (if not first), place of publication, publisher, date, page(s) and/or paragraph(s) quoted;
- Article citations: must have author’s initial of first name and last name capitalized and in full, title of article in double quotation marks, year in round brackets, title of journal in italics (with reference to volume number, if applicable), page(s) and/or paragraph(s) quoted.
- Case citations: should be made in a format generally accepted in the country where the decision has been rendered. Regardless of such formatting, references must in any case contain the date of the decision; a reference to the court/arbitration case number; the parties (if known); place of publication; page(s) and/or paragraph(s) quoted;
- English – While we appreciate the truly international nature of the Buddy State Blog, the working language of Buddy State is English. Hence, we only accept materials submitted in English to ensure that we reach a maximum number of Users.
- Clear language – All Blog Posts should be written in a clear language, with observation of rules of English grammar and spelling. We accept posts complying with either U.S. or U.K. rules of spelling, provided that one system is used consistently throughout the Blog Post.
- Structure – Contributors are encouraged to enhance the clarity of their Blog Post by a clear structure. Such structure may be achieved by using paragraphs or subtitles, where appropriate.
- Capitals – Capitals are generally to be avoided, unless necessary or appropriate for the sake of clarity.
- Text formatting – We prefer the blog to be formatted in Times New Roman, 12 point, with single spacing. All embedded formatting must be removed. Buddy State reserves the right to format the blog post submitted.
- Buddy State Blog Portal – All materials must be submitted through the Buddy State Blog portal. This can be found at https://www.buddystate.com/pages/blog