It’s the spooky month! The time of year when vampires, ghosts, and clowns come knocking on your door and opening it seems like the logical thing to do.
‘Trick or Treat!’
For some of you, Halloween might be the most hellish part of the year, and for others the greatest time to be alive. Whichever you are, we’ve got a recipe that will satisfy the hungry hordes at your doorstep and those of you who just want a quiet night in with a tasty treat. No tricks!
We’re also launching a contest for all you creative bakers! Read until the end to find out how you could win a free box of Buddy State Tea!
Check out our Buddy State-ified biscuits below.
75g soft dark brown sugar
225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
150g icing sugar
3 sachets of BS Peach or Lemon Tea Stix
Let’s Make Some Biscuits!
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3 and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Cream together the soft dark brown sugar and margarine (also works with vegan margarine!) in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add 225g of flour and 3 stix of either Buddy State Peach Punk or Lemon Lush Tea (4 if you want a really punchy, fruity flavour!) and stir to create a dough.
- Bring the dough together into a ball and wrap in cling film. Put the dough into the refrigerator for 50 minutes and leave it to firm up a bit.
- Sprinkle flour onto a clean surface and roll out the dough until 1/2 cm in thickness.
- Time to get creative! Cut the dough into your favourite Halloween characters. Knead the scraps back together and roll out again to not waste any of the mixture.
- Bake the biscuits for 15-20 minutes.
- Put the biscuits to one side and leave to cool whilst you prepare the icing.
- Stir icing sugar with water (and maybe some food dye for you crazy kids out there) until the texture is smooth but still runny enough to slide off your spoon. With your spoon, smooth the icing over your biscuits. Leave the icing to set for a few minutes, and then it’s time for your Buddy State Halloween treats!
Something About a Contest…
Yes! Take pictures of your Buddy Sate biscuits and send them to us @buddystate on Instagram to have a chance at winning a free box of Buddy State Tea! We’ll contact the winner and share their biscuits across our social media pages! Go crazy and get creative! We can’t wait to see what you all come up with! Happy Halloween!
If you are interested in sharing your blog content and having it posted on our website and social media, please click the link below:
Related Article: Dining al Fresco - Street Food, the New Way of Dinning...